Candle blamed for Houston apartment fire

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - Houston firefighters said a candle was to blame for an apartment fire in northwest Houston.

Fire crews rushed to the Willow Green Apartments on Willow Place just before 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Crews were able to knock out the flames quickly.

Investigators said a candle left burning started the blaze when a small patch of carpet caught fire and then spread to a wall.

No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.