Candle blamed for Houston apartment fire

Published On: Jul 03 2013 05:19:25 AM CDT   Updated On: Jul 03 2013 07:18:35 AM CDT

Houston firefighters said a candle was to blame for an apartment fire in northwest Houston.

Fire crews rushed to the Willow Green Apartments on Willow Place just before 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Crews were able to knock out the flames quickly.

Investigators said a candle left burning started the blaze when a small patch of carpet caught fire and then spread to a wall.

No one was injured in the fire.