Candle blamed for apartment fire

HFD" Residents left apartment with candle still burning

Headline Goes Here

HOUSTON - A fire started when a candle was left burning in an apartment, investigators said.

Fire investigators said the residents left the apartment on Westridge in southwest Houston, but they did not extinguish the candle's flame.

The candle caught the couch on fire and spread.

No other apartment was damaged.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2013 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.