HOUSTON -

Firefighters evacuated a northwest Houston Walmart after employees and customers saw and smelled smoke inside the store.

Houston firefighters responded to an emergency call around 9:30 p.m. Thursday from customers at the Walmart on Highway 290 and Tidwell Road.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, they evacuated the store.  HFD said they determined that the front entry door heater had burned the belt inside the motor, causing it to start smoking.

Firefighters worked for about 45 minutes to get the smoke out of the store before they could reopen it.

No one was injured.