A METRO bus crashed into a truck hauling a flat-bed trailer in southeast Houston on Friday.
Officials said the truck was traveling westbound in the 3800 block of the South Loop East feeder road shortly after 7 a.m. and the METRO bus was traveling northbound on Scott Street when they collided, and the bus T-boned the trailer.
Witnesses told investigators that the truck driver ran a red light.
The bus operator and seven passengers were transported to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries. The extent of their injuries and their conditions were not released.
The trailer was smashed and the METRO bus driver's side window shattered in the collision.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: