Another tropical depression formed in the Atlantic Ocean on Wednesday.
On Wednesday afternoon, Tropical Depression No. 15 formed was at 18.6 north, 42.0 west, which is about 1,200 miles west of the Cape Verde Islands. It had maximum sustained winds of 35 mph and was moving northwest at 14 mph.
According to the National Hurricane Center, the depression could strengthen into a tropical storm late Wednesday or on Thursday, but it is expected to dissipate into a trough on Friday.
- Houston JustWeather.com
- Severe Weather Alerts
- Weather Maps and Radars
- Radar Loops
- Lightning Tracker
- Weather Videos
- Your Hot Shot Pics
- Your 'I Shot News' Pics
- Click2Houston Hurricane Headquarters
- JustWeather Hurricane Section
- Hurricane Tracker
- Download Hurricane App
- 2012 Hurricane and Flood Survival Guide
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service, Houston and Galveston Information
- City Of Galveston
- Galveston County Emergency Management
- Harris County Emergency Management
- Evacuation Maps