Tropical Storm Kirk churns in Atlantic
Tropical Storm Kirk formed over the central Atlantic, but officials said it was no threat to land.
Kirk was at 25.3 north, 47.6 west, or about 1,110 miles east-northeast of the Northern Leeward Islands Wednesday afternoon. It had 50 mph winds and was moving west-northwest at 12 mph.
The National Hurricane Center said there are no coastal watches or warnings in effect.
"A turn to the northwest is expected during the next couple of days," the NHC said.
Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 80 miles.
- Click2Houston Hurricane Headquarters
- JustWeather Hurricane Section
- Hurricane Tracker
- Download Hurricane App
- 2012 Hurricane and Flood Survival Guide
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service, Houston and Galveston Information
- City Of Galveston
- Galveston County Emergency Management
- Harris County Emergency Management
- Evacuation Maps
Airline and Airport Links: