Tropical Depression 11 forms in Atlantic
Tropical Depression 11 formed over the eastern Atlantic Tuesday, but officials said it was no threat to land.
T.D. 11 was at 23.8 north, 43.9 west, or about 1,270 miles east of the Lesser Antilles Tuesday afternoon. It had 35 mph winds and was moving west-northwest at 10 mph.
The National Hurricane Center said there are no coastal watches or warnings in effect.
"A little strengthening is possible, and the depression could become a tropical storm in the next day or so," the NHC said.
- Click2Houston Hurricane Headquarters
- JustWeather Hurricane Section
- Hurricane Tracker
- Download Hurricane App
- 2012 Hurricane and Flood Survival Guide
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service, Houston and Galveston Information
- City Of Galveston
- Galveston County Emergency Management
- Harris County Emergency Management
- Evacuation Maps
Airline and Airport Links: