By comparison, airlines canceled more than 13,000 flights over a two-day period during a February 2011 snowstorm that hit the Midwest. And more than 20,000 flights were canceled during Superstorm Sandy.
The Christmas travel period stretches through Jan. 4. More than 1.9 million passengers will pass through Bush Intercontinental Airport during that time. Hobby Airport is expected to have 493,000 passengers.
AAA warns it's not just airports that will be impacted. Roads are going to be slow as well.
In all, more than 93 million Americans are expected to travel for Christmas.
- Houston Airport System: Bush Intercontinental and Hobby Airports
- Air France
- AirTran Airways
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Saudi Arabian Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- TACA Airlines
- United Airlines
- U.S. Airways
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: