Train hits 18-wheeler
A train slammed into an 18-wheeler in northwest Harris County on Friday.
According to the Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department, the wreck happened along the Northwest Freeway at Telge about 11:30 a.m.
The truck got stuck on the tracks somehow. It was carrying an industrial generator, which was knocked off and landed in the roadway.
The train engineer suffered minor injuries and was taken to North Cypress Hospital for treatment. The driver of the 18-wheeler was not hurt. He got out of the truck before it was hit.
Officials said there was significant damage to the safety system at the intersection.
The intersection will be closed for a while, officials said.
The cause of the wreck is under investigation.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: