"Shame on you, Mr. Sandusky, for your narcissistic and selfish acts."
"Whatever comes to you I hope it is tenfold for what you did to my son and others."
Victim No. 1, in his statement, said of Sandusky, "There is no remorse ... just evil."
Lead prosecutor Joseph McGettigan said Sandusky is among "the most insidious and depraved of criminals."
Sandusky founded his charity for young people, Second Mile, to help children, but used it to identify victims, McGettigan said.
"He inserted himself into the lives of children, deceiving their mothers."
A touch became a grope and "too often a penetration," McGettigan said.
"No deceit was too shameful for him," the prosecutor added.
"He relied on shame to silence his victims. ... He treated his victims like sexual property which he used as he saw fit."
McGettigan also slammed Sandusky for whining about "his own pain" in an audio statement Monday night.
Sandusky, speaking for about 13 minutes at the hearing, called his situation "the worst loss of my life."
"I will cherish the opportunity to be a candle for others," he said, adding that "somehow, some way, something good will come out of this."
His wife, Dottie, had tears in her eyes.
Cleland addressed the victims: "The fact that you were assaulted is no cause for shame. ... It is for your courage that you will be remembered." And, he said, they will heal.
Sandusky entered the courthouse Tuesday wearing a red jumpsuit with a bullet-resistant vest underneath. Though he was handcuffed, he clutched a manila envelope and smiled briefly as he got out of a police vehicle. His wife arrived in the parking lot moments earlier.
In his audio statement Monday, Sandusky said, "They could take away my life, they could make me out as a monster, they could treat me as a monster, but they can't take away my heart."
He accused the judge of bringing the case to trial too quickly, the victims of conspiring together, and the attorneys of trying to make money in future civil suits -- which an attorney for Victim No. 5 called "preposterous."
It has been nearly a year since the Penn State scandal erupted, leading to the firing of iconic head football coach Joe Paterno and the ouster of the university's longtime president, Graham Spanier.
Jurors determined in June that Sandusky, who retired from Penn State in 1999, used his access to university facilities and his foundation for under-privileged youth to sexually abuse the boys.
On June 22, Sandusky was convicted on 45 counts of child sex abuse, ranging from corruption of minors to involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, which were laid out in graphic testimony by his accusers over the course of the less-than-two-week trial.
During the trial, which garnered national attention and cast a shadow on Penn State's heralded football program, the 23-year-old Victim No. 4 testified that he was only 13 when Sandusky sexually abused him in a university shower.
That account is separate from a 2001 incident that Mike McQueary, a former Penn State assistant football coach, testified about, saying he saw the former coach pressed up against the back of a boy in the shower room of the Lasch Football Building.
McQueary filed a whistle-blower lawsuit last week against the university, according to a court document from Centre County, Pennsylvania.
Less than a month after Sandusky's conviction, former FBI Director Louis Freeh released his university-funded report that blamed Paterno, Spanier, suspended Athletic Director Tim Curley and ex-Vice President Gary Schultz for taking part in a cover-up to avoid bad publicity.
Freeh also said Paterno could have stopped the attacks had he done more, though neither McQueary, Sandusky nor Paterno -- who died in January -- were interviewed by his investigators.