Restaurant Report Card for Oct. 11: Roaches
Whether you want your eggs fried, scrambled or over-easy, you'd probably want them to go if you saw what health inspectors did one restaurant.
The Denny's on the Loop at South Main near Reliant Stadium was temporarily closed when inspectors said they noticed a rat and mouse infestation.
At the Manna Noodle House at 9887 Long Point, inspectors said an employee was using a cooking utensil to cook and taste the food being prepared. Inspectors said that contaminates the food served to the customers. The woman working the front register told Local 2 that employee was fired.
Inspectors said there were so many cockroaches inside Pepper's at 2025 N. Durham that they closed the place down for a day to exterminate.
At 14759 Memorial Drive, inspectors said they found a live roach at La Hacienda.
Inspectors said they found another roach in the kitchen of Lee's Chinese Kitchen at 14771 Memorial.
You might want to go for the chilled wine if you want a drink at RDG/Cafe Annie on Post Oak or Raffa's American Bistro in Kingwood. Inspectors said both restaurants had slime in their ice machines.
Our A's this week go to La Baguette French Bakery at 6108 Wilcrest and McDonald's at 7606 Westheimer. Inspectors found no violations at either business.
To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, visit www.click2houston.com/restaurantinspections.
How To File Restaurant Complaint
We get our information from the city of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties.
Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant:
* For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online.
* Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at http://www.hcphes.org/eph/foodcomplaint.ht or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at http://www.hcphes.org/eph/complaints.htm.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department.
If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477).
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.