Spatula, rolling pin, cellphone -- which one of these things does not belong in a restaurant kitchen?

Health inspectors admonished an employee of Thai Spice Buffet at 2520 South Voss for using his cellphone while preparing food. Inspectors said the employee was not using "good hygienic practices."

A recent study found the average cellphone is more germ infested than the handle of a toilet.

Inspectors warned employees of The Daily Review Cafe at 3412 West Lamar about crab cakes, salmon, chicken and steak all left out and off temperature.

It was the same problem at Pink's Pizza at 2726 Bissonnet, where employees had to toss 16 pounds of food that was too warm and potentially hazardous.

It's an on-going issue at Burns Old Fashioned Pit BBQ at 6314 Antoine, where inspectors made employees toss 195 pounds of food in 2011. They also shut the place down temporarily last August. On the health department's most recent visit, the sausage was 23 degrees warmer than the state health code allows, inspectors said.

At Champion Pizza at 6101 Glenmont, inspectors said they found roaches living inside the restaurant's butcher block knife holder. When KPRC Local 2 stopped in, the business was closed for painting. We could see inside the kitchen, but we didn't see that butcher block inspectors asked employees to throw away.

Two restaurants earn an A+ in this week's Restaurant Report Card for spotless inspections. Check out Pollo Bravo at 6015 Hillcroft and Pappas Bar-B-Q at 8777 South Main.