Residents evacuate after reported chlorine leak
Residents in Cy-Fair evacuated their homes Monday evening after a chlorine leak at a water treatment plant, according to authorities.
The Cy-Fair Volunteer Fire Department said anywhere between six to eight houses on Shady Mill Drive were evacuated after the department went door-to-door to inform residents of a voluntary evacuation.
It started when units responded to a check order in the area and found a strong odor of chlorine in the air at the water treatment plant.
The representative from the plant met fire rescue crews to let them know he was able to turn off the flow of chlorine. The representative was then transported to a local hospital to be treated for exposure.
Authorities said they believe the representative secured the flow. Another representative from the plant arrived on the scene to make sure the flow has been secured.
All residents have been cooperative, authorities said. Two residents from the area were transported to the hospital and checked out.
Stay tuned to KPRC Local 2 for more details as they emerge.