(CNN) -- President Barack Obama said Monday that lawmakers in Congress from both parties were working together on plans that would expand background checks to all gun purchases and criminalize "straw purchases" in which legal gun owners buy weapons for people prohibited from doing so.
More News Headlines
- Attorney says Sharpstown High School principal will be vindicated
- Residents upset as trash piles up at apartment complex
- Houston aviation director receives big honor
- Oak trees in southwest Houston torn down for $6.3 million water line
- 2 Houston Zoo cheetahs get chance to run free at Dynamo practice field