Police: Student swallows marijuana at school
A high school student swallowed marijuana as a teacher was taking him to the principal's office, police said.
Pearland police said a physical education teacher caught two students smoking outside Searcy Ninth Grade Center at Pearland High School, 3775 South Main, on Tuesday afternoon.
As the teacher was taking the students to the principal's office, one of the students swallowed about enough marijuana for one cigarette.
Paramedics examined the student at the school and he appeared to be OK, police said. The student's mother took him to a hospital as a precaution, officials said.