Police are investigating what led to a deadly crash at one of the state's busiest intersections.
Investigators said around 2:45 a.m. Thursday, the driver of a Jeep was going southbound on the Southwest Freeway near the West Loop when she lost control and hit the inside retaining wall. The impact caused the Jeep to roll over.
The 22-year-old female driver was thrown from the Jeep and died at the scene. Her name has not been released.
There were no known witnesses to what happened, investigators said.
Police said an autopsy will check if the woman had any alcohol in her system at the time of the crash.
The freeway was shut down for two hours as police investigated and cleared the crash.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: