Jan. 6: Fiscal Cliff avoided; Houston Marathon
The Fiscal Cliff has been avoided. Now what? That's just one of the topics on this weeks' Houston Newsmakers with Khambrel Marshall.
Dr. Ron Johnson is Dean of the Texas Southern Jesse H. Jones School of Business and weighs in on the high and low points of the budget deal recently reached. Hint -- he's not overly optimistic.
Elena Farah is a Senior Fellow at the Hobby Center for Public Policy and says the deal reached last week is good for short term, but much has to be done to get our long term budgetary and financial house in order. Ms. Farah and Dr. Johnson tell why the U.S. Is not out of the "financial woods" yet
It's Tax Time! How will you handle it?
Thomas Jones Jr is a CPA & Partner in McConnell Jones Lanier and Murphy, LLC and is one of the panelists with advice on what to look for in order to get the best tax deal. Jones is joined by CPA Bob Martin of Robert E. Martin & Associates and Richard Rosso, Senior Financial Advisor, Clarity Financial. All three talk about the changes in place for this year and what you can and should do to get the best deal possible.
The largest one day sports event in Houston is the weekend of Jan. 12 and 13.
The Houston Marathon will host more than 250,000 runners, volunteers and spectators for the two days of racing but it is much more than a race weekend. More than 60 charities are beneficiaries of money raised by the runners and the race itself! Joining Khambrel to talk about the phenomenal success of this event and about ways everyone can get involved are Wade Moorhead, the Chevron Houston Marathon Executive Director and Steven Carpas, the Managing Director, Business Development & Marketing.
It has been an amazing story the past 10 years and Carpas hints at what's to come to keep the Houston event growing even bigger in stature.
It promises to be an informative half hour! Tune in for Houston Newsmakers with Khambrel Marshall Sunday at 10am right after Meet the Press with David Gregory!
· Ron Johnson. Ph.D., Dean, TSU Jesse H. Jones School of Business, 713-313-7215 www.tsu.edu.
· Elena Farah, Senior Fellow, Hobby Center for Public Policy 713-743-3970, www.uh.edu/hcpp/
· Thomas Jones, Jr., CPA-Partner, McConnell, Jones Lanier & Murphy LLP, 713-968-1600 www.mjlm.org
· Robert E. Martin, CPA- Bob Martin & Associates nomics Professor, University of Houston , 713-526-5900, www.uh.edu
· Richard Rosso, Senior Financial Advisor, Clarity Financial, 281-501-1791, www.myclarityfinancial.com
· Wade Moorhead, Executive Director Chevron Houston Marathon, 713-957-3453, www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com
· Steven Carpas, Managing Director, Business Development & Marketing, 713-957-3453, www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com