Isaac maintains strength, New Orleans in middle of 'cone of uncertainty'
Tropical Storm Isaac continues its WNW movement at 14 miles per hour with sustained winds of 65 mph Sunday night.
Current NHC thinking is that Isaac will reach Category 2 strength prior to landfall on the South Central Louisiana Coast. New Orleans is currently in the middle of the “cone of uncertainty.”
READ: Isaac makes for tricky forecast
A hurricane warning is in effect for East of Morgan City, La. to Destin, Fla. which means hurricane conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area within the next 36-48 hours.
Areas to the west of the Hurricane warning area , including all of Southeast Texas, should still be on high alert as the forecast models continue to have a west leaning with subsequent computer runs today.
- Click2Houston Hurricane Headquarters
- JustWeather Hurricane Section
- Hurricane Tracker
- Download Hurricane App
- 2012 Hurricane and Flood Survival Guide
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service, Houston and Galveston Information
- City Of Galveston
- Galveston County Emergency Management
- Harris County Emergency Management
- Evacuation Maps
Airline and Airport Links: