A representative of Point West tells Local 2 the money will be given to ministerial charities in West who will distribute the funds where they are needed.
The previously scheduled concert on 4/28 at @thenewbackyard will now benefit the West VFD.
Houston Mattress Firm stores Collecting Donations
Friday, Saturday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday: 12 to 6 p.m.
Find a store near you: http://www.mattressfirm.com/StoreLocator.aspx
Items needed include:
- Food items - bottled water, canned food, Gatorade, energy bars/snacks, dog food, cat food, baby formula
- Children needs - clothing, diapers, bottles, toys
- Toiletries - adult diapers, medical supplies
- Other needs - pet crates/carriers, pillows, blankets
The Houston Food Bank held an emergency food drive to collect items for the victims and first responders. It was held Saturday at 535 Portwall, just inside the 610 Loop between McCarty and Gellhorn. The food bank did NOT accept bottled water, baby food or clothing. The items most needed include:
- ready-to-eat foods that require no cooking
- peanut butter and crackers
- pop-top cans of fruit, vegetables and apple sauce
- canned tuna and/or chicken
- fruit juice
- granola and cereal bars