Highway reopens hours after propane truck overturns
A propane tanker-truck overturned Monday on a Wharton County highway, halting traffic for about 12 hours.
Texas Department of Public Safety officials said the tanker overturned on Highway 59 near County Road 423 south of the Wharton Airport shortly before 5:30 a.m. The truck was the only vehicle involved.
Propane spilled on the highway, forcing officials to shut down Highway 59 in both directions. All lanes reopened about 6 p.m.
The driver sustained minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is under investigation, but fog may have been a factor.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: