Starting Friday (June 15) at 9 p.m. until Monday (June 18) at 5 a.m., three inside lanes of US 59/Southwest Freeway northbound between Chimney Rock Road and Rice Avenue will be closed for bridge and pavement repairs.
Three lanes on the freeway will be open at all times and police officers will be on site to assist with traffic control.
Motorists should expect delays and may want to consider an alternate route if possible.
Also in the downtown Houston area, the IH 45/ Gulf Freeway northbound connector ramp to US 59 northbound will be closed continuously from Friday at 9 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m. for repairs. Motorists can continue on IH 45 northbound to IH 10 eastbound to access US 59/ Eastex Freeway northbound.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: