Part of a one of Houston's busiest freeways was shut down on Tuesday because of a fatal wreck.
Houston police said the driver of an SUV crashed in the westbound lanes of the Northwest Freeway near Antoine about 3:30 a.m.
Detectives said the driver veered off the shoulder, went back onto the freeway and hit a concrete barrier. The vehicle then spun and the driver was thrown out of the vehicle, police said.
Investigators said it appeared that the man was run over by others vehicle he laid in the roadway, but the drivers did not stop.
The man died at the scene. His name has not been released.
The westbound lanes of the freeway were closed for several hours while police investigated the incident. All lanes reopened at 8:45 a.m.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: