A woman died after another driver fell asleep at the wheel on Monday, investigators said.
Houston police said the driver of a Toyota Camry was headed westbound on South Main Street about 8:30 a.m. She fell asleep and crossed the center divider, detectives said.
The Camry hit a Lincoln head-on, investigators said. A Toyota Avalon then hit the Lincoln, police said.
A woman driving the Lincoln was killed, police said. Her name has not been released.
The 37-year-old driver of the Camry was taken to a hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
The driver of the Avalon was not injured, police said.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: