HOUSTON -

Firefighters blamed a woman's cigarette for causing an apartment fire in northeast Houston.

Houston firefighters responded to a blaze at the Dyersdale Village Apartments on Mesa Drive around 10:15 p.m. on Friday.  They found heavy flames coming from a two-story building but managed to put out the fire before it spread.

According to HFD, an apartment renter lit a cigarette, which caused her oxygen tanks to catch fire.  Her son helped her get out of the apartment, and no one was injured in the fire.

However, four units were affected -- two with heavy fire damage.