Part of a southeast Houston freeway was closed for hours Tuesday after a cement truck overturned.
The truck crashed and flipped over on the outbound lanes of the Gulf Freeway at Monroe Road shortly after 8 a.m.
Only one southbound lane was opened to traffic because cement was spilled on the freeway. All lanes did not reopen until after noon.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: