Electrical short blamed for southeast Houston fire
Home suffered extensive damage
An electrical short was believed to have started a fire at a house in southeast Houston Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out around 3 a.m. at the home on Leitrim Way and Hickok.
When firefighters arrived, they found large flames coming from the front of the one-story home. They made a fast attack and got the fire under control.
Three adults were at the home when the fire broke out, but they managed to make it out safely before firefighters arrived.
Most of the home suffered extensive damage.
Firefighters said they believe an electrical short where a computer was plugged in the wall in a front bedroom caused the fire.
No one was injured.