A woman convicted of fatally running over her husband is suing her former attorney, KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.
Clara Harris claims attorney George Parnham used her case to promote himself and his law firm and overcharged her.
Harris said Parnham agreed to represent her for $100,000 plus expenses. She said she has already paid $235,000.
Parnham allowed a camera crew to follow him around while he was preparing for the trial.
Parnham's attorney said Parnham took out a $90,000 loan to help pay expenses. He said Harris is suing because she is angry that she was found guilty.
Harris was sentenced to 20 years in prison after she was convicted of murdering her husband, David, in the parking lot of a hotel in 2002. Harris ran over her husband with her Mercedes Benz after she caught him with another woman.
Harris received more than $1 million from her husband's estate. Her former in-laws sued her for wrongful death and won $3.75 million.
Opening arguments were set to begin Wednesday.
- January 19, 2007: Jury Awards Clara Harris' In-Laws $3.75 Million
- January 12, 2007: Clara Harris, Former Mother-In-Law Sob In Court
- January 11, 2007: Clara Harris, Former In-Laws Begin Court Fight
- September 5, 2006: Clara Harris Blames Conviction On Attorney
- February 21, 2005: Clara Harris Wins Round Against Former Attorney
- December 16, 2004: 3-Judge Panel Upholds Harris' Conviction
- November 4, 2004: Harris Files Lawsuit, Claims Lawyer Overcharged Her
- October 6, 2004: Clara Harris Wants Conviction Overturned
- October 2, 2004: Attorneys Ask Judge Not To Preside Over Harris Appeal
- July 22, 2004: In-Laws Sue Clara Harris Over Son's Death
- November 25, 2003: Harris' Attorneys File Murder Conviction Appeal
- September 26, 2003: David Harris' Mistress Breaks Her Silence
- September 15, 2003: Custody Decided For Clara Harris' Children
- May 28, 2003: Custody Compromise Reached For Clara Harris' Twins
- May 20, 2003: Clara Harris Speaks Out From Jail
- May 9, 2003: Exclusive: In-Laws Support, Love Clara Harris
- May 7, 2003: Custody Battle Begins Over Harris Children
- February 18, 2003: Hotel Official Fired After Testifying In Clara Harris Trial
- February 17, 2003: Clara Harris Says She Still Loves Her Dead Husband
- February 14, 2003: Jurors Send Clara Harris To Prison
- February 14, 2003: Jury Considers Punishment For Clara Harris
- February 13, 2003: Clara Harris Guilty, Sentencing Begins
- February 12, 2003: Jurors Deliberate Clara Harris Case
- February 12, 2003: Jurors Set To Begin Deliberations In Clara Harris Case
- February 11, 2003: Closing Arguments Wednesday In Harris Trial
- February 11, 2003: Jurors Told To Bring Toothbrushes In Clara Harris Trial
- February 10, 2003: Defense Rests In Clara Harris Trial
- February 10, 2003: Clara Harris Retakes Stand
- February 7, 2003: Harris: Didn't Mean To Run Over Husband
- February 5, 2003: Clara Harris' Attorney Collapses Outside Courtroom
- February 4, 2003: Defense Goes After Victim In Clara Harris Case
- January 31, 2003: Collision Expert Testifies About Harris' Death
- January 30, 2003: Accusations Fly After Harris Daughter Testifies
- January 30, 2003: State Rests In Clara Harris Case
- January 29, 2003: Harris' Daughter Testifies: 'She Meant To Kill Him'
- January 29, 2003: Stepdaughter To Testify In Clara Harris' Trial
- January 27, 2003: Private Investigator Testifies In Clara Harris Trial
- January 27, 2003: Clara Harris Trial Enters Second Week
- January 23, 2003: Witnesses Describe Harris Running Over Husband
- January 22, 2003: Jury Seated In Clara Harris Trial
- January 22, 2003: Jury Selection Continues In Harris' Murder Trial
- January 21, 2003: Jurors To Be Picked For Clara Harris' Trial
- January 16, 2003: Harris' Stepdaughter's Remarks Spark Debate
- November 19, 2002: Audiotapes Allege Clara Harris Also Having Affair
- October 23, 2002: Harris Asks P.I. For Refund After Husband's Death
- October 18, 2002: Clara Harris Pleads Not Guilty
- October 10, 2002: Grand Jury Indicts Clara Harris
- August 23, 2002: Clara Harris' Murder Trial Set
- August 2, 2002: Slain Orthodontist's Daughter Files Suit
- July 26, 2002: Wife Free After Allegedly Running Over Husband