Candle blamed for apartment fire

HFD" Residents left apartment with candle still burning

Published On: Jan 26 2013 09:59:14 AM CST   Updated On: Jan 26 2013 11:01:45 AM CST
HOUSTON -

A fire started when a candle was left burning in an apartment, investigators said.

Fire investigators said the residents left the apartment on Westridge in southwest Houston, but they did not extinguish the candle's flame.

The candle caught the couch on fire and spread.

No other apartment was damaged.

No one was hurt.