A boil water notice has been issued for part of northeast Harris County, and two schools are included in it.
The notice was issued for residents and businesses in Harris County Municipal Utility Districts 106 and 290, which are in the Eagle Spring area.
There was a mechanical failure at a pumping station that caused the districts to lose water service for more than two hours on Tuesday.
The water has been restored, but samples need to be tested. A boil water notice was issued until those test results are known.
Atascocita Springs and Eagle Springs elementary schools in the Humble Independent School District are included in the boil water area. The school district sent letters home to parents to let them know about changes that will be in effect at the schools until the boil water notice is lifted.
- Students will not use water fountains.
- Students will have modified recess and physical education.
- Food Services will deliver food if the cafeteria is not able to prepare food at the campuses.
- Bottled water is available for students taking medication and/or students who do not have a water bottle with them at school.
- Containers of fresh ice water have been delivered to the campuses and have been set up for the students to fill their water bottles.