BBQ restaurant fire ruled accidental

HFD said the fire began in a BBQ pit

Published On: Jan 30 2013 03:54:53 PM CST   Updated On: Jan 27 2013 12:24:03 PM CST
HOUSTON -

Employees of a barbecue restaurant in the Texas Medical Center were cleaning up after a fire Saturday night.

Houston firefighters said the fire at the Village Bar-B-Que on South Main began in one of the pits.

The restaurant is inside one of the medical towers in the Texas Medical Center.

Smoke from the fire filled the first floor of the tower and the parking garage.

No one was hurt.

Firefighters said the fire was accidental.