5 new human West Nile virus cases reported
Five new human cases of West Nile virus have been reported in Houston.
There are a total of 43 human cases in the city of Houston. The most recent cases involve:
- a northeast Houston man between the ages of 45 and 54
- a northwest Houston man between the ages of 75 and 84
- a southwest Houston woman between the ages of 75 and 84
- a northwest Houston man between the ages of 55 and 74
- a southwest Houston man between the ages of 55 and 74
Symptoms of West Nile virus include fever, headache, body tremors and visual problems. For more information, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's website.