Crews worked to clean up a train derailment in northeast Houston on Thursday.
Police said two freight trains collided near a rail yard at Liberty Road and North Wayside Drive at around 5 a.m.
Union Pacific said the crash pushed six empty cars off the tracks.
UP spokesman Mark Davis said more than two dozen cars not connected to the locomotive rolled into a train hauling rock products. No hazardous materials or fuel spilled.
One of the train cars struck a concrete pillar that holds up the North Wayside Drive overpass. The Texas Department of Transportation will inspect the pillars and ensure they are safe.
No injuries were reported.
Authorities are trying to determine the cause of the crash.
Liberty Road is expected to be closed all day.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: