Do you hate waiting in line at airports? There are several things you can do to help speed things along.
1. E-ticket and e-check-in: Check in from home and breeze past the lines straight to security.
2. Check your flight status from home before you leave and check your gate before you walk too far -- it may have changed since you left home.
3. Parking at most airports is really quite easy these days. Most have multiple park-and-fly options, or you can park on the airport grounds.
4. Pack light. Bring only a carry-on bag and you'll be able to walk faster, board and de-plane faster, and you can skip the baggage check.
5. Find a convenient yet safe place for your identification and boarding pass as you navigate various stops, especially in security. You'll move through faster and get smiles from the Transportation Security Administration agents.
6. Remove your shoes when going through security. Many dress shoes have a metal plate inside that sets off the metal detectors.
7. Don't eat while going through security, unless you can wrap up your food and stick it into one of those trays. Everything must go through the metal detector. You can walk through with a styrofoam cup of coffee, but not a can of soda.
8. If you have a pacemaker, it is helpful to bring identification documenting the condition -- this will speed up the security process.
9. After you arrive at your destination and have exited the jetway, take a look at your surroundings -- note restrooms, restaurants and airport convenience stores. This will save you time on your return trip if you're trying to remember where you could find something to eat or a book to read on the way home.
10. For tips on scheduling your connecting flight, you can check your airline's website. Some airlines list suggested time allowances for various airports around the country. Some cities may require more time than others for connections.
Airport Security Reminder
- Do not lock your luggage. The TSA will break locks if necessary. If your bag was inspected, you'll probably find a small flyer inside your bag, stating it was searched.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.