HOUSTON -

Authorities said a neighbor helped a 100-year-old woman escape a fire at her southeast Houston home.

The fire started around 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at the home on England Street at Balkin Street.

Before Houston firefighters responded to the scene, a neighbor helped the elderly woman out of the house.

Houston fire officials said the fire, caused by an electrical short, started in a room on the second floor. The room suffered smoke and water damage.

The woman was treated and released by HFD firefighters.