Sockeye Salmon Fillets with Sautéed Lemons and Onions on Spaghetti
Chef Larry "Lee" White
Published On: Feb 07 2013 02:16:59 PM CST
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) sockeye salmon fillets, skinned
- Old Bay- (season to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Occtavio Olive Oil, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium lemons, ends trimmed and sliced into thin rounds
- 12 ounces Dreamfields Low Carb Spaghetti Pasta
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves, garnish
- In a small bowl, stir to combine the sour cream, lemon juice and salt, set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly season the sockeye salmon on both sides with Old Bay Seasoning.
- In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook just until they begin to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Spread the onions out so they cover the bottom of the pan. Place the sockeye salmon fillets on top of the onions and lower the heat to medium-low. Top the salmon with the lemon slices. Cover and cook until the salmon is just cook through and the onions are caramelized, about 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the onions while the salmon is cooking. If the begin to burn, add a little water to moisten them.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and toss with remaining olive oil, salt and scallions. Divide the warm pasta among 4 large plates. Place 1 salmon fillets and the sautéed lemons and onions over each serving of pasta. Top with the sour cream sauce and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Garnish with parsley and serve.