- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2lb 26/30 HEB New Harvest Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup HEB Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 Bollio Rolls, split horizontally
- Remoulade Sauce
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced tomatoes, dill pickles, Crystal Hot Sauce.
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in a small bowl to blend.
- Turn on deep-fryer to 360 degrees. Meanwhile, place shrimp and 2 tbsp spice mix in a medium bowl to toss and coat. Pour buttermilk into another medium bowl. Whisk flour and cornmeal in another medium bowl.
- Dip seasoned shrimp briefly in the buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Working in batches, fry shrimp, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per batch. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Open rolls and spread the remoulade on the cut sides, add shrimp, shredded lettuce, tomato, pickles, and top with Crystal Hot Sauce if desired.