Red Snapper Ceviche
Chef Larry "Lee" White
Published On: Feb 20 2013 05:12:24 PM CST Updated On: Feb 21 2013 04:19:29 PM CST
- 2 lbs Fresh Gulf Snapper
- 6 limes
- 1 cup fresh Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 large avocados, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 head of Ice Berg Lettuce
- Dash of Tabasco
- Take skin off fish and cut into 1-inch cubes. Add the fish to a large bowl and add the lime juice and white vinegar. Put the marinated fish in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours to overnight (stirring frequently). This process will cook the fish.
- Pour off most of the lime juice but leave enough to keep the fish moist.
- Add remaining ingredients, except lettuce and avocado.
- Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls lined with the lettuce leaves. Garnish with avocado slices and enjoy the wonderful Ceviche with restaurant style chips.