2 dozen littleneck clams
1 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Place the first seven ingredients in cheesecloth and tie with butcher's twine.
- Put the seasoning bag, water, potatoes, onions, lemons, 1 1/4 cups of salt, 1/4 cup cayenne, and garlic in a large stockpot.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage, corn, crawfish, and crabs.
- Using a long-handled spoon, stir around and press the contents down well into the water. Cover the pot and return to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the remaining salt and cayenne. Cover and let the boil stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and clams. Return to the heat and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Turn the crab boil on top of newspaper. Serve with melted butter and garnish with parsley.