Fettuccini with Pangasius, Spinach and Pancetta
Chef Larry "Lee" White, HEB Seafood Manager
"Now this is a meal that I love to make in the middle of the week. It's easy and inexpensive to make. What I really like is how you can get such a great fish at such a reasonable price and turn it into a wonderful meal. Pangasius is also a great fish for fish tacos for all you tailgating fans out there," Chef Lee said.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 package HEB Fettuccine Pasta
- 4 pangasius fillets (HEB Seafood Department)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Octtavio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (HEB Cooking Connection)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 slice mild pacetta, about 1/2 inch thick, diced small
- 3 tablespoons Central Market balsamic vinegar
- 1 10-oz. bag Central Market baby spinach
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Reserve.
- Season both fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on high and brown the fish, shaking the skillet to prevent the fish from sticking. Reduce heat to medium and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over with a spatula, add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until fish is easily flaked with a fork but still moist.
- Remove from heat and place on a wire rack and in the oven on low to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook pancetta for 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Whisk in balsamic vinegar, add cooked spinach stirring to coat with sauce cooking for a couple of minutes more.
- To serve, lay a fillet on a bed of hot fettuccine in the center of the plate, top with cooked spinach and drizzle with sauce.