1. Put a large pot a water on high heat and allow to come to a boil. While water is heating, stem kale and wash the leaves.
2. Fill a large bowl with ice water. When water boils, add salt and kale. Blanch kale leaves for 4 minutes.
3. Remove kale from hot water and place in ice bath. Drain water and chop leaves coarsely.
4. In a large skillet, heat basting oil over medium-high heat. Add kale and stir until kale is warm and tender, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice.
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
4 Large Potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 Stick of Butter, unsalted
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream or Half & Half
½ Tablespoon Borgo de Medici, or more to taste
1. Boil potatoes in water over high heat until tender.
2. Drain off water and add butter to potatoes.
3. Stir in butter until melted, then add cream and salt and mash to liking. More cream, butter, and/or salt can be added, to taste.
- Truffle Butter: Soften one stick of unsalted butter, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons of truffle salt. Serve butter over meats, vegetables, or with warm rolls.