Caramelized Onion and Fig Pork Tenderloin
H-E-B Chef Anna T. Ferrando
1 pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons Adam’s Reserve Peppercorn and Garlic Rub
½ jar Green Valley Ranch Fig and Sweet Onion Glaze
1 sweet onion, sliced
1 ½ teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425. Season tenderloin with rub and drizzle of olive oil. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet. Braise tenderloin for 10 seconds on ALL sides. Set aside.
2. In 8x8 Pyrex pan place butter, remaining olive oil, sugar, and salt. Place dish in heated oven for 2-3 minutes until all ingredients melt together. Place sliced onions in Pyrex and toss with mixture.
3. Set braised tenderloin on top of onions. Cover tenderloin with sauce, about 1/3 to ½ jar. Cover pyrex with foil and place in oven for 25-30 minutes. Or until internal temperature reaches 145.
1. Season tenderloin and braise as directed above.
2. Remove tenderloin from skillet and add butter, olive oil, salt, and sugar.
3. Toss onions with this mixture in the skillet and place tenderloin on top.
4. Cover tenderloin with sauce. Reduce heat to medium and cover skillet with a lid. Allow to cook 25-30 minutes.