Digital News Editor 2-11-13
Digital News Editor
PNS - KPRC-TV 2
Location of Position:
P. O. Box 2222
General Position Description:
KPRC TV - Local 2, the Post Newsweek owned / NBC affiliated station in Houston, is seeking a highly-motivated journalist to join its website team, Click2Houston.com, as a part-time digital news editor.
The digital news editor (DNE) is responsible for creating and posting day-to-day content for Click2Houston.com, including articles, images, videos, media galleries and other web-related projects. The position is also an integral part of our social media coverage, including posting and monitoring daily. The ideal candidate will have online news experience, including an in-depth knowledge of content creation, digital video and image editing, and working with a CMS. Previous news website and/or print journalism experience preferred. The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high pressure environment and possess strong AP-style writing skills and technical knowledge. Strong communication skills are key because the DNE will be an advocate for Click2Houston in the newsroom and beyond. Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
- At least one year experience in online journalism, social media and SEO
- College degree in Journalism/Communications preferred
- Able to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong AP-style writing and proofreading skills (candidate will take a writing test)
- Sound editorial judgment
- Proficient with digital tools similar to ibPublish2 content management system, iNews newsroom system, image editing software and basic HTML.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Houston
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver?s license and be insurable under Texas Law.
Name or Department:
P. O. Box 2222 Houston, Texas 77252
No telephone calls, please