News Operations Technical Manager
PNS - KPRC-TV 2
Location of Position:
P. O. Box 2222
General Position Description:
KPRC TV Local 2, the Post Newsweek owned - NBC station in Houston, Texas is looking for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the excellent quality of KPRC-TVs news video and audio product. Must be experienced with digital newsgathering solutions and be a technology specialist who will act as a direct liaison between news and engineering. A strong background in TV operations and broadcasting is required with a minimum of three - five years in direct operations management preferred.
NOTE: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
- Bachelor's degree in computing or engineering program preferred
- Oversee staffing and supervisory duties to include hiring, scheduling, training, and evaluating photographers, editors, and technical directors
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to manage the technical budget, including overtime, satellite feeds, equipment needs, vehicle repairs, and special coverage expenses
- Plan and execute technical production of large events, local specials, conventions, breaking news, scheduled news, and sports specials
- Evaluate current technical systems and resources and provides guidance on capital budgeting and purchasing of new technology and supplies
- Serves as the go-to lead manager for projects involving the engineering and news departments
- Manage the technical resources of the news team including all video and audio equipment technologies, cell phones, news computer system and news vehicles
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
- Other duties as assigned by the News Director
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam and drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under Texas Law.
Name or Department:
P. O. Box 2222 Houston, Texas 77252