The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to be a part of it! In honor of the 2012 Summer Olympics, the Children's Museum of Houston 2012 Summer of Fun celebrates your right to try something new. Come test your Olympic potential and see if you have what it takes to go the distance. Let the games begin!
* Hippity Hop Races: Use your lightning speed and agility to hop to the finish line. Event Time: Mon. – Sat. from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Sun from 1 to 3 p.m.
* Olympic Decathlon: Go faster, jump higher, and push harder as you take place in our adrenaline-pumping decathlon. Compete like the pros and take home the gold! Event Time: Every day from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Concrete Jungle.
* Olympic Skills: Do you have what it takes to someday become an Olympic athlete? Complete a few simple challenges at the Power Science Lab to find out.
* Olympic Match Up: Think you know all about the Olympics? Discover interesting facts during this cool trivia game in the Power Science Lab.
* Embossed Foil Medals: Be a winner at your own game by making your very own medal at the Alexander Art Academy.
* Laurel Leaf Crowns: Make and wear the crown of champions like they used to wear in ancient Greek Olympics at Junktion.
* Olympic Rings: The five Olympic rings symbolize the five continents. Honor the Olympic Games with a take home activity at Junktion.
* Olympic Torches: The torch’s unending flame is an important symbol of the games. Design your own version and hold it in the air with pride at Junktion.
Olympic-Sized Summer, July 26 – Aug.1, 2012
Activities, events and times subject to change.