Much like the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade where you see Santa at the end, the Children’s Museum of Houston is excited to host its 7the annual Thanksgiving with Santa event where kids make their own floats, wear them, join the parade and meet Santa.
Get into the holiday spirit with exhilarating activities and engage in our terrific Thanksgiving traditions! Don’t forget to bring your camera to snap pictures with the man in red before his big delivery.
The Thanksgiving celebration will be held on Nov. 21 and Nov. 23. The float-making and indoor parade take place on Nov. 21.
- Thanksgiving Float Making and Parade Lead by Giant Turkey: Gobble, gobble! Build a sparkling Thanksgiving float to wear and then walk along our Giant Turkey during our colorful Thanksgiving Parade.
- Here Comes Santa – Meet and Greet: Have you been naughty or nice? Bring your camera and your wish list.
- Gobble, Gobble: Design a wild turkey caller at EcoStation.
- Turkey Trivia: Turkey and Thanksgiving. Learn about how it happened at EcoStation.
- Wild Turkey: Learn facts about turkeys at EcoStation.
- Turkey Hats: Make a fashionable hat at Junktion to wear to Thanksgiving dinner.
- Cornucopia: Fill your “horn of plenty” with colorful fruits and veggies at Junktion.
- Thanksgiving Garland: Make a lovely garland to show how thankful you are at Junktion.