- 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2lb 26/30 HEB New Harvest Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup HEB Buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 Bollio Rolls, split horizontally
- Remoulade Sauce
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced tomatoes, dill pickles, Crystal Hot Sauce.
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in a small bowl to blend.
- Turn on deep-fryer to 360 degrees. Meanwhile, place shrimp and 2 tbsp spice mix in a medium bowl to toss and coat. Pour buttermilk into another medium bowl. Whisk flour and cornmeal in another medium bowl.
- Dip seasoned shrimp briefly in the buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Working in batches, fry shrimp, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per batch. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Open rolls and spread the remoulade on the cut sides, add shrimp, shredded lettuce, tomato, pickles, and top with Crystal Hot Sauce if desired.
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.