- 2 lbs Fresh Gulf Snapper
- 6 limes
- 1 cup fresh Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 large avocados, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 head of Ice Berg Lettuce
- Dash of Tabasco
- Take skin off fish and cut into 1-inch cubes. Add the fish to a large bowl and add the lime juice and white vinegar. Put the marinated fish in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours to overnight (stirring frequently). This process will cook the fish.
- Pour off most of the lime juice but leave enough to keep the fish moist.
- Add remaining ingredients, except lettuce and avocado.
- Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls lined with the lettuce leaves. Garnish with avocado slices and enjoy the wonderful Ceviche with restaurant style chips.
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.