"Now this is a meal that I love to make in the middle of the week. It's easy and inexpensive to make. What I really like is how you can get such a great fish at such a reasonable price and turn it into a wonderful meal. Pangasius is also a great fish for fish tacos for all you tailgating fans out there," Chef Lee said.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
- 1 package HEB Fettuccine Pasta
- 4 pangasius fillets (HEB Seafood Department)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Octtavio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (HEB Cooking Connection)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 slice mild pacetta, about 1/2 inch thick, diced small
- 3 tablespoons Central Market balsamic vinegar
- 1 10-oz. bag Central Market baby spinach
- Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions. Reserve.
- Season both fillets with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on high and brown the fish, shaking the skillet to prevent the fish from sticking. Reduce heat to medium and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Turn fillets over with a spatula, add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until fish is easily flaked with a fork but still moist.
- Remove from heat and place on a wire rack and in the oven on low to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook pancetta for 3-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Whisk in balsamic vinegar, add cooked spinach stirring to coat with sauce cooking for a couple of minutes more.
- To serve, lay a fillet on a bed of hot fettuccine in the center of the plate, top with cooked spinach and drizzle with sauce.
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.