Asian Grilled Snow Crab
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound Snow crab, in shell (or dungeness, king crab, or shell on 1-pound (26-30) shrimp for substitute) (HEB Seafood Department)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1tablespoon chile hot sauce (Sriracha)
- 3 tablespoons black bean garlic paste
- 1/4 dry white wine (HEB Cooking Connections)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Heat grill to med-high heat
- Add hoisin, sriracha, black bean paste, and white wine and heat until bubbly. Take off heat and add sesame oil.
- Crack crab shells in multiple areas to allow sauce to enter shell without crab falling out.
- Toss the crab in canola oil and add to grill and cook 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle with sauce and remove from grill to plate and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Asian Noodle Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 5 tablespoon Octtavio Extra Virgin Olive Oil (HEB Cooking Connection)
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, for garnish
- 4 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, for garnish
- In a medium stock pot, boil water, add salt and cook noodles. When finished, place noodles in an ice bath to cool. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine, sesame oil, vinegar, hot chili oil, hoisin and olive oil. Mix thoroughly and the combine prepared vegetables and noodles.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts.
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.